L6 Supervisor Training for Qualified Counsellors
This post-qualifying supervision training for counsellors is designed for experienced counsellors and psychotherapists from a variety of theoretical backgrounds who would like to develop the skills and knowledge to become competent clinical supervisors. The course consists of experiential exercises, theoretical input, skills practice sessions, case studies and time for reflecting on one’s own practice.
Subjects covered include:
- The tasks, functions, responsibilities and accountabilities of the supervisor, supervisee and also of the context in which the supervision takes place (such as the organisation and professional bodies that could be overseeing the work).
- Key theories of supervision i.e. Hawkins and Shohet, Brigid Proctor, Francesca Inskipp, Page & Wosket etc.
- Group supervision versus one to one supervision.
- Managing ethical dilemmas and professional complaints as well as understanding and working within the professional and ethical requirements appropriate to the candidate’s professional body.
Entry requirements - Candidates must:
- Be qualified to level 4 or 5 Diploma level in counselling or psychotherapy.
- Have at least 2 years post qualifying experience as a practising counsellor/psychotherapist consisting of at least 450 hours (including placement hours whilst a student) in supervised practice.
- Provide a reference from their current supervisor stating that they are ready to start supervising other practitioners.
Course requirements - candidates will need to be:
- Currently in practice as counsellors/psychotherapists.
- Supervising other practitioners by the end of the course.
- Receiving supervision for their supervision work from a suitably qualified and experienced supervisor.
There will be a creative presentation integrating Theory and Practice. Journals, Log of supervision and Log of supervision of supervision. At the end of the course a case study (3,000 - 3,500 words) will be submitted. All the work will be assessed and marked; the qualification is awarded on attainment of a pass mark.
Course Dates: 2021 – 2022:
Saturdays, 9.30am - 5.30pm: class dates will be:
2021: Sep 18th, Oct 23rd, Nov 20th, Dec 18th
2022: Jan 22nd, Feb 26th, Mar 19th, Apr 23rd, May 14th, Jun 18th.
Full payment prior to the start of the course OR a deposit of £300 prior to the start of the course with 10 monthly payments of £150.00
This L6 course is accredited by the ABC Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Click the toggle below for more information
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that CCT has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 6 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by CCT to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards/Certa endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales